Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Oh, Mexico, it sounds so sweet with the sun sinkin' low"

It's official: I am on sabbatical! Well, my version anyway. I finished at Club this past Wednesday and The Ltd yesterday. My co-workers at the latter surprised me with a large cookie cake, a gem of a dessert, and sent me off with warm wishes for safe travels. It was so nice and not to mention muy delicioso. Nonetheless, I still woke up bright and early at 8 am like clockwork. Which was especially painful after staying up until the wee hours of the night indulging in a few bon voyage drinks with friends in Royal Oak.

The whole out of work thing has really made me realize that I am infact leaving. It is the first time in a while that I've had the time to let this realization soak long enough to get excited slash frantic all over again. Mostly I'm eager to see how and where this adventure will lead me. It is my first solo-ish trip and i'm really starting to regret not effortlessly picking up the entire Spanish language like I had originally planned these past few months. Minor detail. The packing and the planning is all coming down to the final 72 hour stretch and I can't help but wonder what i'll be doing when the 96th hour is here. Eating tacos and humming James Taylor?

1 comment:

  1. oh miss mandy

    I will miss hearing your voice so it is essential we email and of course keep blogging! I am so proud of you for traveling for yourself. It is something you will always cherish. I will try updating my blog more so I can fill you in on my life while you are gone (though I am sure you will be too busy to read!). Okay, off to DVF! I will call you tonight so I don't miss you as the hours are winding down. One more thing, can you give Emma a big hug for me? Seriously, I miss her.

    love you moo.

    ReplyDelete